Holidays in the Palatinate
We - Volker and Daniela - have loved vacationing in special vacation homes for over 30 years. With our Maison Südpfalz we try to pass on the hospitality and warmth we experienced on these trips and create a feel-good place for guests.
The Maison is designed by us with a lot of love exactly as we would like to vacation ourselves. This has resulted in a design-oriented and cozy house that combines modern architecture with Palatinate naturalness.
In a quiet location amidst vineyards below an old castle stands our detached house in the idyllic village of Klingenmünster, near the French border. A quiet place with garden for you and your friends, for families with children, well-behaved dogs or simply for a vacation for two. The house is built barrier-free
We look forward to seeing you!
Are you a gourmet, a design lover, culturally interested or do you simply want to spend relaxing days? Then you will feel very comfortable with us. In our detached vacation home, modern architecture meets furnishings that combine style and functionality. In the furnishing we have designed everything as we would like to enjoy it ourselves on vacation.
With its lovingly crafted furniture and design classics, the Maison exudes a sense of coziness. Exhibited art and design objects may be purchased, so you can carry a piece of your Palatinate vacation home with you.
- Detached house for 4-5 pers.
- 1 bedroom with double bed (160 x 200cm)
- 1 sleeping gallery with 2 beds (90 x 200cm)
- 1 sleeping possibility in the seat window
- 1 bathroom with shower and WC
- 1 small additional bathroom with sink and toilet
- high-quality and functionally equipped kitchen
- low barrier construction
And you can look forward to:
- Wi-Fi free of charge
- washing machine and dryer
- bedlinen / towels / hair dryer
- wallbox for recharging your e-car
- two e-bikes
- Hammock & tempered outdoor shower in the garden
- Wine refrigerator with a selection of Palatine drinking delights
The central space of the 85 sqm building is the living area open to the gable.
The high-quality equipped kitchen invites you to cook and the seating window built into the shelf wall invites you to linger. Here you can read or chill, if necessary it also serves as an additional sleeping option. From the living area you can get upstairs to the gallery - with two more sleeping options. The bedroom on the first floor has a bathroom en suite - barrier-free and with infrared shower.
From the living area as well as from the bedroom you can reach the garden with a large terrace and barbecue area. The wooden sliding elements in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows provide decorative shade. Outside you can relax in the hammock and when the temperature is high, the temperature-controlled outdoor shower offers cooling. You can enjoy the castle view from your lounger in the garden while drinking a glass of wine or juice from the region.
The Palatinate stands for carefree joie de vivre, rich delights and diverse cultural offerings - we would like to bring you closer to the endless possibilities of the Palatinate with Palatinate naturalness and hospitality. In every corner you will find personalities or family businesses selling products and services with a unique concept and high quality. We are looking forward to give you tips and advice at any time before or during your journey to make this incredible product world and dedication of these people accessible to you.
What our guests say about the Maison...
"A wonderful accommodation in terms of architecture, furnishings and location, in a beautiful area. We were able to use the great and spacious terrace many times due to the weather, enjoying regional specialties from nearby winemakers. [...]"
The Palatinate offers numerous pleasure, cultural and leisure activities. Castles and palaces, such as the historic Hambach Castle or Trifels Castle, await you. The doors of numerous museums and exhibitions are open to culture lovers. Forests and vineyards offer numerous opportunities for hiking and biking. Swimming pools, bathing lakes and a forest shower can also be found nearby. You can also relax in winter in the thermal baths. With children you can visit the game and hiking park, the climbing park, barefoot or tree top trail.
Art and culture
If you want to experience culture, we have the following suggestions for you:
- Heidelberg (castle, Neckar, old town)
- Speyer (imperial cathedral, old town)
- Karlsruhe (Castle)
- Mannheim (castle)
- Strasbourg (Münster/Altstadt)
- Palatinate Forest (castles and palaces)
- Klingenmünster (monastery, Landeck Castle, St. Nicholas Chapel)
- Edenkoben (Villa Ludwigshöhe, summer residence of the Bavarian king)
- Neustadt (Hambach Castle, cradle of German democracy)
- Westwall and Maginot Line
- Baden-Baden with Burda Museum, Festspielhaus and the SWR3 New Pop Festival
- Art, floristry and design by local artists and craftsmen
- Art objects and regional products can be purchased directly in the house
- 2 persons: 145 € (from 2023 155 €)
- Children up to 18 years are invited
- each additional adult person: 35 €
- Pets are also welcome on request (against increased final cleaning)
- Minimum stay 2 days
Shorter stays or longterm rental upon request
All prices incl. VAT, electricity, heating or cooling and water
- Final cleaning: 75 € (from 2023 85 €)
- Check-in: from 4 pm on
- Check-out: no later than 10 am
- Deposit: 200 €
- Payment: 1 day before arrival at the latest
- Charging current for e-mobility is billed separately